6 idyllic mountain refuges in Majorca
Enjoying excursions in Majorca, specifically the immensity of the Sierra de Tramuntana, is one of the things to do that will form an unforgettable memory of the holidays. The island is a perfect setting for organizing mountain crossings since it is a destination that has a large number of hiking trails perfectly marked and set in natural landscapes of great beauty. Whether you plan to organize a mountain hike during your holiday in Majorca or want to enjoy a night on the mountain, see the following list of the best shelters in Mallorca to spend a special night under the stars.
- Lake refuges. One of the great natural attractions of the island are its two reservoirs, the Gorg Blau and Cúber, which can be reached on foot from various mountain routes. In each of them is located a highly recommended picturesque refuge to spend the night at the foot of the reservoirs and fall in love with the beautiful mountain views.
- Es Coll Baix. This small house that can be practically accessed by car, is located in the Finca de la Victoria, Alcudia, a declared area of special interest. This accommodation is located very close to a small cove which can be reached on foot along a path that begins next to the refuge.
- Son Moragues. This refuge is located in the beautiful landscape of Valldemossa, half an hour by car from our 5 star hotel in Port Adriano. With a maximum capacity of 15 people, Son Moragues is one of the most popular refuges for hikers, since it is located in a very interesting place from which you can follow different routes. The last section before arriving at this accommodation has important slopes.
- Lavanor. This is ideal when climbing the well-known Tomir summit, one of the highest peaks in Majorca. If you wish, you can leave the car in a car park located two kilometres from Lavanor. This refuge is equipped with a kitchen and has the capacity to hold 10 people.
- Houses of Binifaldó. One of the most complete shelters on the island. This accommodation has its own bathroom, a large dining room, kitchen, showers and beds, and is surrounded by a mountain environment ideal for relaxing near Pollença.
- S’Arenalet. For those who want to combine beach and mountain. S’Arenalet is a refuge near the beach of Es Verger, in the municipality of Artá. It is fully equipped with kitchen, bathroom with shower and several rooms with the capacity for 22 people.
Remember to carry a sleeping bag, first aid kit and enough food for your trip. These shelters are usually in high demand, so we recommend that you make a reservation in advance on the official website of the Consell de Majorca.