Live theatre in Mallorca, the best place in which to see opera and European ballet
Lovers of classical music have found their own private sanctuary in Palma’s Ocimax cinemas. Since 2011, this hall has been organising a European opera and ballet programme that displays the works that are performed in the theaters across Europe in a complete programme that begins in mid-March and runs until July, featuring works such as Aida, la Traviata, el Barbero de Sevilla and Macbeth, among others. Take advantage of your stay at your exclusive hotel in Palma and attend one of these performances:
- I Due Foscari | April 3rd. Broadcasted from the Teatro alla Scala, Milan, this work by Verdi is the best opportunity to listen live to Plácido Domingo.
- Giselle | April 12th. This romantic ballet describes the passion and power of love and has been performed in the Bolshoi Theatre in Moscow since 1944.
- Faust | April 19th. One of the most popular French operas that is performed in the Teatro Regio, Turin. The tragedy tells the story of Faust, a scholarly old man eager to find love whom the devil convinces to make a pact with him.
- Manon | May 3rd. Performed at the Royal Opera House, London, this ballet tells the story of two young people fleeing from Paris.
- The Swan Lake | June 12th. A Tchaikovsky classic performed at the Royal Opera House in London.
- Madama Butterfly | May 10th. The Teatro Real, Madrid presents this Puccini opera that tells the tragic story of the geisha Cio Cio San.
- Beethoven’s Novena | May 17th. This concert conducted by Zubin Mehta and performed by the choir of the Teatro San Carlo in Naples at the Duomo di Milano commemorates the celebration of the Concert for Europe.
- Le Nozze di Figaro | May 24th. This opera ‘buffa’ by Mozart performed at the Salzburg Festival tells the fascinating story of Figaro and Susana, two enamored servants.
- Boris Godunov | June 7th. One of the most famous Russian operas taken by the Paris Opera.
- Nabucco | June 21st. Verdi’s classic arrives at the Teatro San Carlo, Napoles in an opera full of emotion that tells the story of the invasion of Jerusalem.
- The Traviata | June 28th. One of the most famous operas of Verdi that can be found at the Teatro Real, Madrid and that tells the tragic story of two lovers who can’t be together.
- Don Giovanni | July 7th. Mozart wrote this funny opera with the classic Don Juan as a protagonist in the Teatro Regio Torino.
Do not miss the pleasure of attending one of these performances that will bring you closer to the work of the great geniuses of theatre, during your 5 star holiday in Mallorca.