5 places to fall in love with jazz in Palma
Listening to live jazz in Palma is one of those pleasures that lovers of this genre know how to do to perfection, not only because the summer’s imminent arrival brings us wonderful evening temperatures which are just right for going out in search of things to do in Majorca, but also because the live music and concert season arrives. Although at first sight it seems that in the island’s capital jazz is not very popular, the truth is that there are several venues that indulge their love of this genre and where you can enjoy a lovely evening of live jazz.
- In your exclusive 5 star hotel in Playa de Palma. The luxury hotel Pure Salt Garonda is fortunate. Next Thursday, 7th of June, they start their new jazz dinners at the delicious Garonda Restaurant. Every two weeks those who attend will be able to enjoy the best jazz concerts by the Chazz Trío maestros, who will perform the greatest jazz, blues, rock and pop classics, among many others. In addition, the dinners will have an exquisite fixed menu. It’s a unique night with great rhythm.
- Jazz Voyeur. One of the jazz venues in Palma par excellence, Jazz Voyeur brings together the best jazz stars on the island and from abroad in a series of concerts and jam sessions held from Tuesday to Sunday. In the months of November and December, they also organize the Jazz Voyeur Festival that brings together renowned national and international artists and is now in its tenth year.
- Novo Cafe Lisboa. This bar, which is famous for its concerts and Jazz and Wine nights, usually held on Thursdays and Fridays each week, is located on the main street of the bohemian neighbourhood of Santa Catalina.
- Galactic Club. For the daring whom, in addition to wanting to listen to good jazz, know how to dance. The Galactic Club is a select venue situated near Paseo Majorca where, besides being able to enjoy a wide range of cocktails and tapas, you can learn to dance jazz and swing.
- Lupe Café Bistró. On weekends, this small restaurant located on the beautiful promenade of La Rambla offers various live performances including jazz and classical Spanish music. Its tapas and their midday menu are worth a special mention.
These five establishments are some of the most typical live jazz venues in Palma and, if you like this type of music, we recommend that you visit some of them during your holidays in Majorca.
Picture: Gavin Whitner (musicoomph.com)